Zur Navigation Zum Inhalt Kontakt Menu Find component Overview Mobile Principles Foundation Accessibility Design System Guidelines Deutsch Français Italiano English Our design principles User-centred Recognisable Inclusive Reduced Holistic Self-explanatory Task-oriented Appropriate SBB Brand portal Logo Digital clock Rights of use Base colors Functional colors Off brand colors Icons Timetable icons Pictograms About accessibility Über diesen Guide Contact Further information Product Owner User Research Interaction Design Visual Design Development Content Design Testing What is a design system? Designing Coding FAQ Help Process Contribution Contact Overview Base Components Overview Base Components Overview Base Components Overview Design Tokens Components Overview Base Informationen Sense & Purpose Community Assets Instructions Power-Apps Digital banner ads SAP Design Guidelines App Icons Modal view Overview Imprint Contact Cookie settings Variants
What does the component do?
- It dims the current view and puts a modal dialogue over it.
When should the component be used?
- When the user’s attention is required.
- When information/input is required from the user.
- When related content is to be displayed.
- When additional content is to be displayed.
- The component is not suitable for error messages, warnings or similar notifications.
- The user must always have the option of closing the modal dialogue.
- Any modal dialogue consists of a header (close icon and title) and content.
- The content must contain at least an interaction element (e.g. ‘save’ or ‘OK’).
- The modal dialogue cannot be used for error messages.
- The width and height of the dialogue is determined by the size of the content.
- A minimum space from the screen edge must be kept.
- The modal dialogue is closed if the dimmed section is clicked on.
- If the content is too big, a full-screen modal dialogue can be selected: see page types.
- Content outside the open dialog should no longer be accessible via screen reader.
- With and without close button
- With and without back button
With close button and without back button
With close and back button
Without close and back button
Without close button and wiht back button