What does the component do?
- It is used for the entry of yes/no values.
When should the component be used?
- When selecting one or more options that are independent of one another.
- A pre-selection is mandatory (active or inactive, no tristate).
- Several checkboxes can be arranged vertically or horizontally. The vertical layout is preferred as it allows the user to understand the options more quickly.
- Horizontal layout only with two or three options and short names.
- The text can be multi-line.
- In addition to the actual checkbox, the entire text can also be used as a click target.
The component has the following states:
- Disabled Selected
- Disabled Unselected
- Disabled Indeterminate
The component has the following variants:
- without icon / with Icon
- listed / boxed
- without icon / with icon
- without subtext / with subtext
- without button / with button