What does the component do?
It triggers an action on a page.
When should the component be used?
- When starting or ending a process.
- When sending forms.
- When selecting a function on a page.
- It cannot be used within body copy.
- Cannot be used in the header as navigation or a function.
- The minimum width is 60px, the maximum width is 400px.
- The width increases with the text length. When used in the
next best click (NBC)or in mobile views, the width is 100%.
- If the text is still too long when the maximum length is reached, it is shortened with “...”.
- The text is always single-line.
- In exceptional cases, the arrow icon can be replaced with a different, suitable icon.
- Only one primary button can be used per page.
- Secondary, ghost and frameless buttons can only be used if a primary button already exists.
The component has the following states: