What does the component do?
- It is used for the entry of larger quantities of text in forms.
When should the component be used?
- When the entry of longer text is required from the user.
- The text area always has a label.
- A question mark in the circle can also be shown – in addition to the label – for detailed explanations. A
tooltipopens when this question mark is clicked on.
- The number of characters still available is shown bottom right (outside the text area is disabled).
- The basic height can be set when designing the form.
- If the text is longer than the basic height of the text area, the element increases in height with the content.
The component has the following states: