Icons provide visual support for themes and actions. The icons in the SBB style must be used in SBB applications. Details on this and a set of already available icons can be found here.
- The use of icons within body copy should be avoided as far as possible.
- Icons without text must be self-explanatory or easy to learn. The more icons used in an application, the more difficult it becomes to understand their meaning.
- Icons should always have the same meaning (consistency) across all applications.
- Icons without text must include an alternative text.
- The icon itself does not have to be described but instead its function in text form (e.g. ‘close menu’).