1. What does the component do?
- It is used for the entry of a date.
2. When should the component be used?
- Whenever a date value is required from the user.
- Date details are always single-line.
- The date selection always has a label.
- A question mark in the circle – in addition to the label – can be used for detailed explanations. A tooltip opens when clicking on this question mark.
- The date can be entered by hand by clicking in the date field.
- The point must always be entered by the user with manual entry. The element then takes over the correct formatting, i.e. entries like 1.1.18 must be accepted and put into the required format. In this case, 1 January 2018 would be selected.
- When the calendar icon is clicked on, a calendar layer opens to select the date. Clicking outside of the calendar layer closes it again.
- Individual days or entire date ranges can be deactivated in the calendar layer.
- The navigation arrows in the calendar layer (month/year) are only shown if a preceding/subsequent date can be selected.
- The date selected is shown in the format of day of the week, DD.MM.YYYY (e.g. Fri, 04.08.2017).
- If the focus is on the calendar layer, it can be operated by keyboard as follows:
- Arrow keys: Changing the marked day.
- Space key / Enter: Selection of the marked day.
4. Variants and statuses
The component has the following statuses:
4.2 With scroll function
- The navigation arrows are only shown if a preceding/subsequent date can be selected.
4.3 Date range
- Two date pickers are combined to select a date range.
- If the from date is selected via the calendar layer and the to date has not yet been defined, the calendar layer of the to field opens. If a to date has already been selected, the calendar layer does not open.
- If the user selects a from date > to date, the to date is deleted and its calendar layer is shown.
- If both dates are shown, the selected range is entered in the calendar in colour.
4.4 Date of birth
4.5 Calender Layer (date picker)
The tab sequence within the calender layer is defined as follows:
- Previous month
- Next month
- Previous year
- Next year
- range of the individual days. If the focus is on the range of days, it is possible to navigate left, right, up and down within the days using the arrow keys.
- No selection
- Date selected
- Date with hover
- Selection restrictions
- Date range within a month
- Date range beyond a month