1. What does the element do?
- Links provide connections between pages.
2. When should the element be used?
- When creating a connection from one page to another (internal or external) page or to a modal dialogue.
- There is no visual distinction between internal and external links.
- Links can be used in text, icons and images.
- Links to grouped elements, such as image with text, are not permitted. The exception is icons with labels which can be linked.
- Text links in parts of words are not permitted.
4. Variants and statuses
The element has the following statuses:
- If the text link triggers a file download, the file type and size should be indicated in the link text (e.g.: ‘Conditions of Use (PDF, 123 KB)’)