1. What does the element do?
- It is used for the selection of an option from a pre-defined list.
2. When should the element be used?
- When selecting from several options in a list.
- There must be a choice between at least two options.
- Optional selections always include the text ‘(optional)’ behind the label. The text ‘(optional)’ can be abbreviated to ‘(opt.)’ for short fields.
- The text in the element is always single-line.
- If an entry is longer than the available width of the element, the entry’s text is abbreviated with ‘…’.
- A pre-selection is not permitted with a mandatory field.
- The label is displayed if no selection has been made yet.
4. Variants and statuses
The element has the following statuses:
The element has the following variants:
- listed / boxed
- with icon / without icon
- with label / without label