Date and Time Picker
1. What does the element do?
- It is used for the entry of a date, time or combination of them.
2. When should the element be used?
- Whenever a date and/or time value is required from the user.
- The value information is always single-line.
- The element always has a label.
- Optional entries include the text ‘(optional)’ behind the label. For short fields, the text ‘(optional)’ can be abbreviated to ‘(opt.)’.
- An infoicon can be used in the entry field for detailed explanations. A tooltip opens when this infoicon is clicked on.
- The date/timepicker is opened by clicking on the entry field. A maximum of three selection wheels are available within the picker.
4. Variants and statuses
The element has the following statuses: