1. What does the element do?
- It is used for the entry of yes/no values.
2. When should the element be used?
- When selecting one or more options that are independent of one another.
- A pre-selection is mandatory (active or inactive, no tristate).
- Several checkboxes can be arranged vertically or horizontally. The vertical layout is preferred as it allows the user to understand the options more quickly.
- Horizontal layout only with two or three options and short names.
- The text can be multi-line.
- In addition to the actual checkbox, the entire text can also be used as a click target.
4. Features and statuses
The element has the following statuses:
- Disabled Checked
- Disbaled Unchecked
- Disabled Tristate
The element has the following variants:
- with icon / without icon
- listed / boxed
- without icon / with icon
- without subtext / with subtext
- without button / with button