1. What does the element do?
- Images help texts to be understood.
2. When should the element be used?
- Images may be used to support text communication (visual communication).
- The production of images and illustrations is governed by the provisions of KOM. See brand portal: Photos and illustrations
- Images should generally be used sparingly.
4. Variants and statuses
A distinction is made between the following image styles:
- Text on background (e.g. infographics) must have a minimum contrast of 4.5:1.
- Graphics with information content must include an alternative text.
- The image itself does not have to be described but instead its message in text form.
- Purely decorative graphics (e.g. mood images) expressly do not contain any alternative text.
- Complex visual images (e.g. infographics) must also be created in another form (e.g. tables).