What does the component do?
Structured display of data.
When should the component be used?
- It is used for displaying data and not for structuring content.
- Tables should be structured so that they grow vertically (lines) when data sets are added.
- Header text can be multi-line.
- The background of the content lines alternates between white and grey. The first content line always starts with a white background.
- Header and content texts can be left-aligned, right-aligned or centred within the table cell.
- Legends and table captions are listed directly under the table left-aligned.
- No images are permitted in tables.
- Empty table cells are filled with a hyphen.
- No accentuation or links are permitted in the header text.
- Every column must have a header text (accessibility).
- The following applies to table and mobile views: If the table is wider than the viewport and the first column is defined as a header column, the first column is fixed. The other columns can then be swiped to the left.
- Units of measurement of content are shown in the column or line header.